Shoulder Season Packing List

It's taken me a while to figure out what is the best gear for what weather. So over the last 4 years, since I've started hiking in the white mountains, I've made many mistakes, carried too much gear or not enough. So to help you learn from my mistakes I created a list to help you figure out what is important and what should be in your pack on a day hike.

This list is made particularly for the shoulder season (Early Fall, Late Spring) for particularly the White Mountains, NH. In the Summer, I carry a little less and in the winter, I carry a lot more. I will post later in the season for my winter hiking list and backcountry split-board list!






What I'm Wearing

  • Hiking Boots or Trail Runners
  • Hiking Socks
  • Leggings
  • Sports Bra
  • Tank Top
  • Long Sleeve
  • Vest
  • Buff (as Headband)
  • 24L backpack

If you have any questions, drop them below! I'd love to help you pack for your next adventure!

Comments