Chicken & Apples Crockpot Dinner

This is one of my favorite and easiest recipes for the fall and winter!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Apple Cider
  • 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
  • 1 tbsp Curry Powder
  • 1 tsp Minced Garlic
  • 2 tbsp Apple-Cider Vinegar
  • 1/3 cup Chicken Broth
  • 1 tbsp Cornstarch
  • 1/2 Onion (1/2 cup frozen diced onion)
  • 2 tbsp Butter
  • 3 Chicken Brests (fresh or frozen)
  • 3 Apples

Directions:

  1. Mix together apple cider, nutmeg, curry powder, garlic, apple cider vinegar, chicken broth, corn starch, and onion.

    I often put it in the crockpot and mix it there (saves dishes 😂).

  2. Add in the above mixture, butter, chicken breast, and apples to the crockpot.

    Apple can be cut to any liking. The thinner they are the more they disintegrate into the sauce. I usually use an apple slicer and keep them that size. As for the type of apples, I use any apples that I currently have.

  3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. If you are using frozen chicken, allow more time. Check after about 4 hours.

    I suck at remembering times I put things in the crockpot, so I usually end up checking it like every 30 minutes...I'm also impatient and get bored so...🤷🏼‍♀️

  4. Shred chicken. Then put the shredded chicken back in the crockpot and cook another 30 minutes on high.

    I usually do this using my kitchen aid mixer. If your sauce isn't thick enough, add more corn starch. (I usually do like a tablespoon and wait about 15ish minutes then add more if needed)

  5. Serve over a bed of rice for the best enjoyment. Added roasted veggies for more sides.



Comments